Who is the offer for?
- For students of the FH Dortmund on every working day.
- The FabLab is open to private individuals on the “open evenings” .
How much does it cost me to use it?
- The use of the machines is free of charge.
- Materials such as fabrics, foils or similar can be purchased or brought along for a small surcharge.
- Filament is provided for a small additional charge.
How do I log on?
- A booking system has been set up for students and employees of Dortmund University of Applied Sciences and Arts where you can book timeslots for the machines, view information about the machines.
Was brauche ich, wenn ich etwas 3D-Drucken möchte?
Steps of 3D printing:
- Construction (example program: Solidworks, Fusion 360)
- Save as "stl.file"
- Slicing (program recommendation: PrusaSlicer)
- Start printing with the desired filament
The steps can be prepared at home or in the FabLab@FHDO. It is helpful to book a timeslot on the website for printing, as the devices are very popular.